This course is designed to give you the knowledge and tools to perform a proper investment analysis on your portfolio. You will learn to evaluate your portfolio using widely available tools in the following manner:
Fund Analysis: Are your funds above or below average? The difference could be BIG money!
- Bond Analysis
- Are there mortgage-backed securities in your portfolio?
- What is the effective maturity? The effective duration?
- Are you paying 12(b)1 fees (marketing and distribution expenses)?
- Are you paying loads?
- What is a fair price you should be paying?
- Asset Allocation
- Why is this your most important decision?
- How many asset classes should you be utilizing?
- Diversification: The importance and value of diversification
- Rebalancing: Learn why the professionals feed off volatility
Handouts will include the following:
- Building Better Portfolios
- The Efficient Frontier
- Callan Periodic Table of Investment Returns